Reading Time: 2 minutesConfluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know. In the...Read More
Reading Time: 5 minutes British politics is broken. It may not be fixable in time to solve the Brexit mess.
The U.K. wakes up Wednesday with a government unable to govern — in office, but without the numbers to fulfill its central purpose: a negotiated exit from the European Union.
A defeat of previously unimaginable proportions Tuesday — 432 to 202 — has left the country adrift, floating towards no deal, with no party or faction in parliament able to command a majority for any way of moving off the course it has set for itself. The only thing MPs can agree strongly on is a desire to avoid an economically damaging no deal, but they currently can’t settle on a mechanism for how to do so.
Faced with disaster, Theresa May has a plan but no strategy — the Churchillian maxim, “Keep Buggering On.”
Reading Time: 3 minutesA 10-year-old from Missouri City, Texas, is using her entrepreneurial skills to help animals in need. When Hurricane Harvey hit, Frannie Joseph saw on the news rescuers saving pets left behind, and decided to set up a lemonade stand with her friends to raise money for their efforts.Read More
Reading Time: 8 minutesSource: Vox – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women...Read More
- A Closer Look at Native American Activist Nathan Phillips Through a Powerful Lens
- The Root: From Most Hated to American Hero: The Whitewashing of Martin Luther King Jr.
- It’s Vulnerable and Difficult to Admit When Bias Gets In the Way of the Truth – But We Need To Do It Anyway
- The question before men today is this: Who am I, as a man, if I don’t dominate others with money and sex?
- Food Stamps, Joe Bidden, Kamala Harris: 3 Stories You Should Read 1/21/2019