Reading Time: 2 minutesThe leader of a militia group who’s been detaining migrants near the U.S.-Mexico border allegedly told the FBI his militia was training to assassinate former President Obama, Hillary Clinton and Democratic donor George Soros. Larry Hopkins, head of the United Constitutional Patriots, is charged with possession a firearm as a felon and could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted. Hopkins appeared before a federal judge Monday.Read More
3 Stories You Should Read 4/23/2019: Teaching Black History, White Privilege, and Impeachment, Trump’s Taxes
Reading Time: 2 minutes Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know. In the category of: Empathy matters Schools keep teaching slavery and civil rights history in ways that traumatize black students A teacher at an Arizona charter school had third graders yell at a black student during a lesson on school segregation. It’s part of a larger problem. Classroom simulations about slavery and segregation can be especially harmful for black students The past few months have brought numerous examples of teachers using highly questionable lessons — like mock slave auctions and Underground Railroad games — to teach students...Read More
Reading Time: 4 minutesWe all have versions of Mr. Stress running around on steroids in our heads.
For some of us it’s about fear, or anger, self-criticism, or sadness …. and for lots of us it’s anxiety. These gremlins can seem uncontrollable at times. And, at some point in our past it made sense for them to show up.
If you play around with a version of the above, and you’ll discover it can be a powerful solution for relieving the habitual stressful thoughts. Externalize that inner gremlin, give them a name and imagine what they look like. And then sit down to have a conversation.
What new job can you give YOUR most persistent gremlin?Read More
Reading Time: 4 minutesIf you’re looking around your life baffled by why someone else is showing up as a class one asshole, you probably don’t need to look any further than yourself for the explanation. Your self-worth is sub-par, probably really subpar. You’ve got work on you to do.
You can’t change anyone else. You can only change you.
Work on yourself.
Love on yourself.
Be with yourself tenderly.
- Parkland Shooter Will Get Big Inheritance, Public Defenders Ask To Withdraw - NPR
- Joe Biden would be 'most sane' Democrat running for president, Lara Trump says - Fox News
- Cory Booker's tax returns show an eye-popping financial stat that sets him apart from every other 2020 Democrat - Business Insider
- SELF-ACCEPTANCE IS MY SUPERPOWER
- Netflix Releases Trailer for ‘Knock Down the House’ Documentary About Women Candidates in 2018
- New York Times: In a Functional Country, We Would Be on the Road to Impeachment
- 3 Stories You Should Read 4/24/2019: Trump, Boy Scouts, Russian Election Interference
- Break News: Biden Will Announce His Plans to Join the 2020 Race on Thursday