Astrology: Venus in dreamland
Reading Time: 4 minutes
By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
At 26 March at 3:43 PM Eastern US time, Venus into Pisces for nearly a month.
The goddess of love, partnership and desire can lose herself in this Neptune-ruled sign, as romance becomes magical, boundaries dissolve, and anything is possible.
Practical strategies fall by the wayside and surrender is the name of the game.
How do you know whether it will be gloriously dreamy or terrifyingly delusional?
You decide now how you want to experience Venus’s journey through Neptune’s home, and you keep practising that as your navigational tool until she moves into Aries, home of her lover Mars, on 21 April.
There’s a school of thought which says that before we arrive on the planet, we are part of the universal energy field, fully integrated into the whole.
We decide to come and have a human adventure for the fun of the uniquely separate physical experience – and the moment we materialise into physical form we begin to feel homesick.
And we spend the rest of our lives yearning for that connection again.
Neptune is associated with this desire for surrender, the craving to lose ourselves.
When Venus taps into that, it can be truly magical.
We fall in love and feel ourselves drowning joyfully in the eyes of our beloved.
Old pain and bitterness is washed away.
We feel connected to everything and everyone, embracing the whole planet and all its inhabitants.
Empathy and the potential for healing, especially in important one-to-one relationships, is enhanced.
And then there is the flip side: the potential for delusion, martyrdom, addictive behaviour and throwing all our eggs into one extremely flimsy basket.
Ideally, you’re going to decide to have the magical and joy-filled experience.
How do you navigate to that?
First, have a clear sense of who you are.
Make sure that connection with your own agency and sovereignty is as strong as you can make it. Have ways to keep reminding yourself – a journal with your values clearly defined; a personal manifesto; a list of your favourite desires; a statement of your ethical standards. Whatever works for you.
Even as you surrender into your lover’s arms, physically or metaphorically, retain the memory of who it is that is choosing to surrender in that moment – and that makes the surrender all the sweeter.
Put your focus on the positive aspects of this Venusian journey through Pisces:
- forgiveness, because here Venus can see all sides of the story with more empathy than usual
- ease and flow, because the need to cling to old paradigms of Being Right are loosened and fluid
- zero limiting expectations, for the liberation that provides
- activate compassion for all, including of course yourself
- imagination and creativity when it comes to romance
- expansion in your own relationship with magic, dreams and imagination
- willingness to explore your core desires and values in new and open ways (while not having to DO anything about them just yet)
Things to avoid:
- expecting your lover or anyone else to save or complete you
- anything addictive, whether that’s stalking an ex or drowning sorrows in a quart of whisky
- playing the martyr (this is not Venus’s natural modus operandum, but in Pisces all things are possible – so just decide you won’t go there)
- give no oxygen to delusional thinking, especially when it comes to romance – if you think that might be happening, replace wondering and speculation with an actual conversation
Most of all, let this period be an opportunity to allow daydreaming to have full expression.
What do you REALLY want?
Pisces and Neptune aren’t interested in making stuff happen, but they do provide the perfect landscape for the dreaming to rise to the surface. And that’s where it all begins, so it’s worth paying attention.
Because Venus isn’t just about relationships with others.
She is also crucially linked to our own sense of desire, our own ability to know what we truly want. Let the dreams unfurl.
- if you’re in a committee relationship, consider the ways you might like to reactivate the feelings of surrender and romance from those first falling-in-love days
- if you’re in a new relationship, just feeling your way forward, set your intention to fully enjoy the delicious feelings of falling in love, while a) not worrying about the future and b) not making any life-changing decisions right now
- if you’re breaking up with someone, or managing the grief from a recent breakup, I’m sorry for the hard – and this is a perfect time to use this dynamic to turn that love inwards; let all the oceans of Neptune wash away the grief and the attachment to that old, no-longer-good-enough-for-you relationship, and activate whatever compassion and love you can for your own self
- if you’re looking for love, take advantage of this fabulously fluid transit to get your romance-seeking self properly lined up. I highly recommend reading and putting into practice Lisa Hayes’ excellent book Score Your Soulmate – the energy at this time will really support this approach, and keep you from veering off into the whole dating-Mr-completely-fucking-wrong territory.
Observe all the usual caveats for this swirling time of change – practise self-love, stay grounded, and make the most of the ease and flow which is potential here.
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to help every person unlock their capacity for resonant joy, and live it. A keen student of astrology, brain science, chaos magic, law of attraction and positive psychology, she serves her people through astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. Her international clientele raves about her wildly accurate, individualized readings, but she doesn’t do general weekly predictions – for those, Janette recommends Kim Falconer (www.goodvibeastrology.com) and Mystic Medusa (www.mysticmedusa.com). Find Janette on Facebook or via her website – or you might like to pick up her free brain-rewiring resource, Identity Shift 101 here.
Confluence Daily is the one place where everything comes together. The one-stop for daily news for women.