Confluence | Aug 14, 2019 | 0
Astrology: standby for launch – Aries New Moon, Mars into Gemini, and more!
Reading Time: 5 minutes
By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
Welcome to Mercury Direct!
But before you put the pedal to the metal, remember this is not an immediate shift from 60mph reverse to 60mph forwards.
Engines don’t work like that, and neither do planets.
Mercury will still be in the ‘shadow zone’ for another little while, slowly picking up speed as he accelerates from 16 through to 29 degrees of Pisces.
For the next few days, relish the potential for a mental shift into some new and enticing thoughts about what comes next.
There are some questions you could gently contemplate (no agonising, please):
- what would feel good to do next?
- what do I really, really want next?
- what daydream excites me now?
- where do I want to go next?
- who do I want to be next?
In addition to a new direction for Mercury, we’ll see Mars moving into Gemini, activating a sense of get-up-and-go in all aspects of communication: talking, listening, writing, reading, teaching, learning (exact times below). Actions around your words will have a brand new zing, and you may find yourself suddenly able to articulate things that have been foggy up till now.
And if that weren’t enough, a few days later we get a gorgeous New Moon in Aries, right plonk in the middle of the sign at 15 degrees.
Aries and New Moon are both about new beginnings, fresh energy, the start of something that’s not been seen before.
And Aries, this fiery Mars-ruled sign, is a big fan of new adventures and challenges. It’s the only sign in the zodiac which genuinely enjoys competition for its own sake.
Aries loves to initiate and then let someone else do the follow-up. Its catch cry might well be ‘follow me, I know the way!’. And even when Aries is not exactly sure what the details look like right now, its approach is one of certainty and enthusiasm for even the most impossible of quests.
Aries knows that once the first steps are taken, everything else follows behind. It’s a spectacular ally if you’re looking to imbue your life with fresh energy and enthusiasm, and that’s incredibly helpful if you’ve been feeling the weight of the recent astro weather.
Meanwhile, Pluto moves into the most potent angle of his current conjunction with the Lunar Nodes, at 23 degrees of Capricorn (dates below).
The sense of deep change afoot will increase until that moment, and will still be around for a couple of weeks to come.
You can use the combination of Mercury Direct and Mars into Gemini to support this process, by:
- simply becoming aware that this kind of deep transformation can feel unnerving
- remembering that if you feel unsettled you’re probably doing it right, so don’t panic!
- allowing any revelations or epiphanies to come forth into language when they’re ready AND
- allowing the words about what it is you want to create next to emerge and be captured (carry a little notebook or your favourite phone notes app for this bit)
You can also journal about what you want as though it were already here, aka scripting. That will be a powerfully supportive activity, for sure.
But be warned. If you put up a lot of resistance to whatever change is trying to happen within, that will significantly increase the turbulence and make it a far rockier ride than it needs to be. So don’t do that.
All in all, this week will be a great time for picking up new ideas and new plans, and getting ready to run with them.
The key question to ask is ‘who am I choosing to become next; and how can I inhabit that identity right now?’
But don’t hit that gas pedal full on right now, because before the New Moon we’ll experience a Piscean Dark Moon – at around the same time as that Pluto / Nodes exact moment.
Expect extra potency, combined with a deep desire to pause.
Any Dark Moon is a representation of the death of the old, before the rebirth into something new. It echoes the cocoon from which the butterfly emerges, or the seed hidden beneath the desert sands awaiting water to germinate.
This Dark Moon has a particular potency because it starts in Pisces, where all boundaries dissolve – even the boundaries between past, present and future.
The best way to leverage this period, then, is to recognise the need for a psychic pause, supporting that through literally pausing in our busy lives – in whatever way you can, for however long you can, even if it’s five minutes in the tub.
With Dark Moon starting in Pisces, any element of magic or sacred ritual is a good idea, even if it’s merely lighting a few candles before you sink into the bath (though don’t have naked flames if you’re likely to fall asleep). Or you could tuck a favourite soothing crystal under the pillow while you nap. Or you could actively pursue supportive Piscean habits such as meditation, or losing yourself in a good novel or immersing in your favourite poet or watching uplifting TV shows (me? I have a date with the Fab Five all lined up on Netflix).
It’s a good idea to have a notebook handy for brilliant epiphanies and ideas which might land while you relax in the tub or nap in the sunshine.
Let your internal energy be nourished and nurtured in preparation for the New Moon, so the fabulous Aries momentum can zoom you forward with maximum enjoyment.
Finally, some ideas for an Aries-oriented New Moon ritual, best performed on or just after the New Moon:
- light a candle, meditate on the flame and mentally set your intentions for any new things or experiences you want to activate (even if that’s just ‘new clarity about what I want’) – if you can also engage a deep feeling of enthusiasm, that’s great but not mandatory
- embrace the warrior spirit of Aries by moving your body and feeling her power – try swordplay, tai chi, weight training, running or even dance (probably less Swan Lake, more AC/DC headbanging)
- get some sun, in whatever way you can – whether that’s literal sunshine, or gazing at images of the sun – and feel, see, imagine the fiery energy sinking into your bones and burning away all that is no longer resonant with who you are becoming
There’s some wonderful potential around this week. Enjoy!
Mars into Gemini
- New York – 31 March, 2:12 pm
- Los Angeles – 31 March, 11:12 am
- London – 31 March, 7:12 am
- Melbourne – 1 April, 5:12 am
New Moon in Aries
- New York – 5 April, 4:50 am
- Los Angeles – 5 April, 1:50 am
- London – 5 April, 9:50 am
- Melbourne/Sydney – 6 April, 7:50 pm
Pluto exact over the Lunar Nodes
- New York – 4 April, 3:18 pm
- Los Angeles – 4 April, 12:18 pm
- London – 4 April, 8:18 pm
- Melbourne/Sydney – 5 April, 6:18 am
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to help every person unlock their capacity for resonant joy, and live it. A keen student of astrology, brain science, chaos magic, law of attraction and positive psychology, she serves her people through astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. Her international clientele raves about her wildly accurate, individualized readings, but she doesn’t do general weekly predictions – for those, Janette recommends Kim Falconer (www.goodvibeastrology.com) and Mystic Medusa (www.mysticmedusa.com). Find Janette on Facebook or via her website – or you might like to pick up her free brain-rewiring resource, Identity Shift 101 here.
Confluence Daily is the one place where everything comes together. The one-stop for daily news for women.