By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
29 February – 6 March
This week our dear friend, Mercury Retrograde, travels backwards into Aquarius.
Normally, Mercury in Aquarius invites us to think outside the box, contemplate innovation, drop rigid thinking, be prepared to smash old paradigms.
But this is Mercury re-visiting the Aquarian space.
He was there not long ago, so this isn’t about huge upheaval or major, brand new mindset overhaul.
This is more like checking in and tweaking. This is like the little reminder window when you want to create a new appointment and your calendar app says ‘are you sure you want to do that?’.
Yup. I’m sure.
It’s also a great time to be open to the Mercury Rx trickster energy, which may bring a little mischief to enhance your sense of possibility.
Don’t be surprised to catch yourself wanting to break some rules, just because they’re there.
Of course you get to decide which rules you want to keep and which ones you want to break.
But until Mercury goes direct, it’s smart to do a ton of research first (external or internal), before making any permanent commitments.
Instead, use this mini Mercury Aquarius fly-by to double check the details and review any new directions you’re planning for your thoughts.
Are these new ideas and concepts really taking you in the direction you want to go?
Or are they simply satisfying the rebel within, which wants to break everything, regardless of consequences?
The beauty of it is, you get to choose.
And then, when Mercury turns direct in Aquarius next week, all that reviewing and research will give you invaluable information to support what happens next.
For example, I have some decisions to make about a fundamental aspect of my business.
I didn’t even know until recently this decision needed to happen, but the awareness arose courtesy of the New Moon and Mercury Rx work I embarked upon last week.
This week, I get to do a ton of internal and external research to help inform my final decision, and to help consolidate what’s gone before. Exciting AF, but also mildly terrifying right now!
Meanwhile, beautiful Venus enters her own sign of Taurus on the same day.
Here, the goddess of love is in deeply sensual and sensory mode.
Yes, that means expressing and experiencing the intimacies of life through the physical body. That may include sex, but also includes shared physical experiences of all the senses – hugs, cuddles, sharing a meal, watching a sunset together, listening to music everyone enjoys, singing together for the joy of it.
But it also means tapping into your own deepest yearnings by connecting with your body and the physical world around us.
This is a great time to explore the deeper connection between mind, body and spirit. Not in order to mend or fix or heal – simply to understand more viscerally who we are and what we crave.
If you don’t already have some kind of body-awareness practice, this is a great time to begin. I like things to be simple, so I use the body sway test. Super simple, can be done anywhere.
A few days after entering Taurus, Venus forms an alliance with rebellious Uranus, which creates a wildly useful kind of tension.
When we look at the traditional desires of Venus and Uranus, they seem utterly opposed to each other.
Venus yearns for intimacy, connection and closeness.
Uranus yearns for independence, space and freedom.
But at a deeper level, they actually have the same agenda – to help us fulfil our desires.
Venus helps us to understand who we are and what we want. She rules one to one important relationships, so we know who we are by the company we keep. She rules beauty, so we know who we are by what we like to have around us. And she rules core values, so we know who we are by what is truly important to us.
Uranus is the god of unexpected change, the feisty misfit who knows how to break down the fences and shatter the chains of tradition and conformity.
Venus without Uranus can remain frustrated and unfulfilled, while Uranus without Venus is a rebel without a cause, breaking the furniture purely for the sake of breaking things.
But when they collaborate, we get to unleash our deepest desires. Even if we don’t fulfil them, we aren’t afraid to break the rules that say we ought not to even HAVE them.
When we can tap into both Venus and Uranus, it’s like a superpower.
Making the most of this week’s astrology:
- Grab a pretty journal and a favourite pen, and get writing. This is not for publication, this is purely a way to explore and review your own ideas, beliefs and concepts. Anything goes in freewheeling journal land – as long as it’s coming from curiosity and not from judgement. Observe without criticism, condemnation or conclusion. Just the facts, ma’am! (And no – “I’m a loser” is an opinion, not a fact!)
- Actively celebrate the Mercury-Aquarius party, by asking “whose voice is still in my head?”. Brené Brown said “You can’t take criticism and feedback from people who are not being brave with their lives” – now’s a perfect time to reassess those old relationships and voices in your head, and kick out any unwelcome lodgers
- Celebrate Venus into Taurus by celebrating your body. You get to choose what that looks like, of course, but some options might include: get a massage, book a personal training session, activate a new hydration habit via a pretty jug and dedicated fancy glass; walk in bare feet on the grass or along the beach, curling your toes in to feel the connection to the planet; review your favourite spaces to see how you might make them more comfortable (I will be cleaning some files off the daybed in my office as a starter)
- Ask yourself whether your own needs and desires might have changed. Tweak or refine, and then readjust your forward navigation accordingly
We are heading into a full moon early next week, so this is also a good time to review the plans you made under the Pisces New Moon, and ensure you’re taking appropriate action this week to lead to some kind of fulfilment next week.
Exact times (US Eastern timezone):
- 4 March, 6:07AM – Mercury Rx re-enters Aquarius
- 4 March, 10:07PM – Venus enters Taurus
- 8 March, 1:37PM – Venus conjunct Uranus at 4º Taurus
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to wreak more joy in the world. A keen student of astrology, brain science and Law of Attraction, she serves her people through her unique strategic astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. To get Janette’s highly useful perspective on your own chart, visit her website or track her down on Facebook.