Astrology: Size isn’t everything
Reading Time: 3 minutes
By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
Never judge the power of something based upon its size, or the way it has been labelled.
Ever tried to sleep with one single mosquito in the room?
Teeny tiny orbiting body, with a mass about seven percent the mass of Earth.
Massive influence and power.
If you doubt that, consider the ongoing redhot controversy swirling among scientists about whether Pluto should or should not have been demoted to dwarf planet in 2006.
Small object, big and long-term impact.
In astrology, Uranus and Pluto are the gods of change.
Uranus likes to shake things up and brings in unexpected change (as we’ll see when he moves into Taurus on 6 March).
But Pluto is linked to our deepest personal power, our unconscious, that which is hidden – and his kind of change is the one that scares the pants off us, because we know it’s a transformation that will alter us deeply and forever.
The good news is, he moves slowly through the sky, so while the change might be deep, it’s slow enough that we can handle it.
But when Pluto lines up with other planets in the sky, he often makes his presence known more loudly for a few days
This weekend, we see Venus and Saturn lining up with Pluto in Capricorn.
Be alert for opportunities for powerful transformation to do with your life mission, your work; in your relationship with your own core values and desires, all brought down to earth for tackling in real-life tangible ways.
Step into your power and claim your agency and authority, especially to do with your work and your significant relationships.
Here are some potent ways to navigate through the next few days:
- Engage plenty of self-nurture and self-compassion purely for your own self, not so that you can ‘be a better parent’ or ‘get more done’ (because pfffft – this is about YOU)
- Ask ‘does my work truly delight me?’ – and be prepared to really hear the answer, even if it’s one you don’t love (after all, you don’t have to take action on it this redhot minute; but you do need to know)
- Review your core values and see if anything’s changed, not in order to doubt who you are, but in order to see if a new and even more amazing version of you is ready to emerge
- Skip the whole impostor-syndrome bit. As the curator of your life mission, Saturn is all about That Thing you want to master in this life. But because That Thing is so important to you, Saturn can also trigger the gremlin thoughts that say ‘not good enough’. The answer? Flip it around. Author Neil Gaiman once wrote about meeting Neil Armstrong, and finding out that even Armstrong experienced imposter syndrome. If you’re feeling imposter syndrome, congratulations! – you’re now a member of the club which includes Neil Gaiman and Neil Armstrong and a kajillion other very successful people
- Skip the guilt-tripping and the blame-and-shame games about the past, especially to do with work, love or power. That zombie affair with the ex? Whack it on the head with a shovel and kill it off for good. The political shenanigans going on in many territories around the world? Set your sights on healing change, via audaciously engaging compassion, love and nurturing. This is no time for indulging in power plays based on revenge, outmoded loyalties or pack mentality
- Explore your deepest true desires, based not on what everyone else is doing or thinks you should be doing, but based on what YOU want. This can be harder than it sounds, because we habitually hold back from expressing our true desires – even to ourselves. Who am I to want that? What will people think? How could I ever…? Take advantage of this dynamic Venus-Pluto moment and figure out what you really want (what you really, really want).
- Be open to asking for help if you need it.
Pluto events can feel unsettling, and that’s because they’re touching something deep within. Let it be a blossoming, an invitation to become more you, to whatever degree feels right in this moment.
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to help every person unlock their capacity for resonant joy, and live it. A keen student of astrology, brain science, chaos magic, law of attraction and positive psychology, she serves her people through astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. Her international clientele raves about her wildly accurate, individualized readings, but she doesn’t do general weekly predictions – for those, Janette recommends Kim Falconer (www.goodvibeastrology.com) and Mystic Medusa (www.mysticmedusa.com). Find Janette on Facebook or via her website – or you might like to pick up her free brain-rewiring resource, Identity Shift 101 here.
Confluence Daily is the one place where everything comes together. The one-stop for daily news for women.