By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
Venus is well known as the goddess of desire and attraction.
She’s associated with socially significant one-to-one relationships of all kinds (especially, but not limited to, romantic relationships).
Her remit in the external world includes everything to do with beauty – the things we find beautiful (fresh flowers, gemstones, performance art, beauty itself) as well as how we adorn our bodies and faces.
And in the internal world, she’s associated with our own deepest core values and our clear sense of unapologetic desire.
As astrologer Jill Greene says, Venus helps us to know who we are, by what we find lovely (beauty), what we value (our core values) and who we like to hang out with (relationships).
So when Venus moves into Gemini, as she is this week, we can expect a new and fresh level of communications, both in our socially significant relationships and also with our own selves and our own sense of desire, beauty and love.
Gemini, ruled by Mercury – the messenger of the gods – enhances our capacity for curiosity and research. We bring new understanding through intellectual exploration.
This is quicksilver, trickster Mercury and pleasure-loving Venus, at play together.
For the next three weeks or so, there’s opportunity for sparkle and fun, vim and vigour.
This is not a time for rumination and pondering the weighty meaning of life, wading through some kind of useful-but-heavy-duty existential crisis.
It’s a time for fizz and froth and frolic; a time for cool, detached intellectual curiosity and lighthearted exploration – not in order to solve a problem, but for the sheer enjoyment of wondering.
You can use this time to ask specific questions, if you want.
You could simply set the intention that your curiosity will be answered at this time.
You could devote a little Gemini-style attention to Venus.
Or you could do all of the above.
Here are some ideas for how to make the most of this potentially fun and fabulous period, to get amped up clarity around relationships with others, and with your own self:
- ask yourself ‘I wonder what I really want?’ – and be prepared for answers to emerge that make you grin with delight
- give time and attention to enjoying foods and drinks that are rich in sensory delight: fresh strawberries, juicy mango, stinky cheeses, salty crackers, sparkling champagne, hot creamy coffee – whatever floats your boat
- review your unapologetic desire list, remembering that you get to put ANYTHING on that list without any obligation or expectation that it has to manifest; and that any item on the list is not responsible for your joy
- set up an altar to Venus with a pair of candles and some fresh flowers (pairs are always a Gemini thing); light both candles every day, and whisper a few words of love to your Venus
- proactively seek out laughter inspired by the absurd or the silly
- set a daily intention that some new fun awareness will come to you in relation to your relationships or your own desires
- explore your core values and embrace the possibility that something new wants to emerge
- put a sticky note by your bed so you see it when you wake, that says ‘I wonder what exciting thing I will discover today?’
- indulge in words that inspire positive feelings of love, desire and partnership – whether that’s Jane Austen, Shakespearean sonnets or contemporary love poems
- write celebratory love poems, with joy woven into their DNA; share them if you like – or don’t
- go to live theatre and immerse in the experience of actors creating a short-term other world for you to visit
- attend a live music concert – think less Scandinavian death metal, more pop / dance / folk / classical
- create a playlist that makes you want to dance – and dance!
- create a morning Venus ritual – adorn your face and body to channel your inner Venus and bring even more beauty into the world
Venus moves into Gemini at 9.37 PM on 8 June 2019, US Eastern time, and stays there for about 24 days.
Time to set your intention for light and breezy fun times ahead, with perhaps a little extra clarity as the pay-off. Shazam!
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to help every person unlock their capacity for resonant joy, and live it. A keen student of astrology, brain science, chaos magic, law of attraction and positive psychology, she serves her people through strategic astrology, coaching, teaching and writing. Her international clientele raves about her wildly accurate, individualized readings. Find Janette on Facebook or via her website – or you might like to pick up her free brain-rewiring resource, Identity Shift 101 here.