By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
New Moon in Libra is a fabulous opportunity to initiate new things to do with balance and beautification, potent one-to-one communication, satisfying partnerships, and more ease and grace.
Which is something we need right now, as individuals and as participants in a wider society.
Libra is ruled by Venus, the Roman goddess descended via Aphrodite from mighty Assyrian goddess Ishtar.
There is a reason Libra is represented by the scales, always in perfect balance.
Ishtar was the best-known deity of her time: goddess of sexuality, fertility, feminine power, war, and social justice.
Libra carries that echo of justice, seeking a sense of balance and fair play. Libra can see both sides of a story, and can also stand back and see the bigger picture.
Libra might be the sign associated with relationship, but it’s an Air sign and the only sign represented by an inanimate object.
Objectivity, curiosity, equilibrium – these are qualities we find in Libra.
Of all the signs, perhaps Libra is the one where we feel most disturbed when we witness privilege and discrimination at play.
And as an Air sign, Libra cares about accurate information and knowledge and ideas and concepts.
So this Libra New Moon has huge potential to support our work, as we move ever closer to the peak of that potent Saturn-Pluto convergence in Capricorn.
Stand by for an updated rant on this powerful event, because we’re seeing the effects all around us.
Saturn-Pluto in Capricorn says that anything with insubstantial foundations, anything built on shifting sands, is unlikely to survive. And although there might be turbulence on the way, that’s a Good Thing.
Think about where that’s playing out right now.
Impeachment investigations. The proroguing of UK parliament being found unlawful. Frightened old men haranguing young women who dare to speak out, because they know their privilege-based, outmoded houses of cards are about to come tumbling down.
I’ll be honest – at times of change, it can be easy to be afraid.
I have enormous compassion for people experiencing eco-anxiety, because I have it in me to be terrified of the future.
I manage that, by being cautious about how and when I engage incoming news and social media.
Because this is a moment to decide.
Do I hide away and hope it will all just disappear?
Or do I decide we’re all going to build something solid and sustainable – both individually and collectively?
I like the latter option MUCH better!
As you head into the Libra New Moon, ask yourself what do I want to build next? What are the steps to building a solid foundation?
And point your Libra New Moon initiatives in that direction.
Feeling overwhelmed or stumped about where to start?
No worries – I got you covered (and so does Libra!)
- Decide what you’re building. I know the convergence is happening on a significant point relating to my career, so for me it’s about building solid foundations for my business to be a conduit for joyful success. Societally, I think we can see it’s about building a future predicated on more fairness, inclusivity, respect and compassion (though I’m a Libra Sun girl, so I may be biased heheh)
- Get aligned, by choosing to believe that what we want is possible; and by feeling how it will feel once it’s here. Every time my brain says ‘OMG this is too HAAAARRRRD’, I remind myself what I’ve chosen to build, again and again and again. Because that sense of possibility is crucial; and my enjoyment of it NOW, before it’s even here, helps my brain see how to make it real.
- Plan out what is required, in broad brush strokes. Time? Money? Energy? Tech solutions? Study? I have a habit of over-committing myself, so I need to make it doable, to build in plenty of self-nurturing and to ensure I have the capacity to follow inspiration. Hence my new commitment to joyful movement as part of my plan!
- Implement the plans, laying down layers of foundation in the order that makes sense. For me, that means making sure I love how my calendar is laid out, BEFORE opening the doors to new coaching offers for my clients and potential clients.
This is where Libra can help enormously.
The Venus connection helps us get clear about what we really want. Venus is goddess of desire – not just our own sexual desires (though of course, that!) but our relationship with all of our own desires.
This New Moon, if you don’t already have an Unapologetic Desire list, it’s time to make one. And if you do have one, it’s time to revisit and refresh it.
[Sidebar: an Unapologetic Desire list is just what it says on the tin – absolutely everything that you want, regardless of whether you believe you could have it, or whether it might upset someone else, or old rules about what’s possible or what you ought to want, blah blah blah. Everything on the list is what you want. And your happiness is absolutely NOT dependent on having any of these desires come true. If you can be completely honest with yourself about what you want, at the same time as being completely unattached to it – that’s a power stance!]
Is your Unapologetic Desire list still an accurate reflection of everything you want?
If not, make this part of your New Moon process. And then use it to inspire what you’re building, both individually and socially.
Here are some other ideas of how to activate this New Moon blessing, in a way that lines it up with the Saturn-Pluto convergence:
- Beautify anything to do with what you’re building. That could be your home, your workplace, your own self, the things you create, the tools you use in your creative expression, the daily habits and routines you use. It could also be memes you create to change the world, placards you make for marches, newsletters you create for your activist group. For me, it’s about ensuring everything I use in my business, and my wider social commentary, is beautiful – my branding, my workspaces, my physical tools.
- Where can you find an aspect of what you’re building which feels like a one-to-one collaboration? Pay attention and amplify that vibration, that feeling, as much as possible. These intimate conversations happen in places you may not immediately notice, so it’s worth asking ‘what about this could become a beautiful meeting of minds?’. It’s an easy one for me – this energy is embedded in every astrological consult I do, and every coaching conversation I have; and it’s also part of how I’ve been showing up on social media lately. Even an article like this, dear reader, feels like a passionate conversation with a good friend over coffee.
- Find time for some fun and laughter! Grace, ease and flow are a part of the Libra dynamic, and having fun is an easy way to activate those energies. Play is underrated in our serious adult world – especially when we have big events in our news headlines all day long. I was recently given a balance exercise to do by my personal trainer, which consists of bouncing a ball against a wall while standing on one leg. It’s exactly the kind of game I played as a child, and I’m having – pardon the pun – a ball! Bonus points if you can do this with a best bud or your sweetie or even a colleague or client you adore.
- This New Moon activates Chiron in the sky – that mysterious centaur whose superpower is to help us be audacious, to help us undertake the impossible quest … and succeed. Notice any time you feel ‘I can’t do this’ or ‘it’s too big for me’ or ‘I’m overwhelmed’ – whether in your own life, or in the broader socio-political context. Lean in to that Chiron energy. Over twenty Greek heroes of myth succeeded in their impossible quests or labours, because they were trained and supported by Chiron. This New Moon brings that Chiron energy in to support us all, in building something substantial over the coming 15 months – even if it seems at times like an impossible quest.
- We also have Saturn, now moving direct, activating the Lunar Nodes – aka our relationship with past and future. If there is a past relationship (Libra and South Node) which is not supporting your most courageous and audacious future (Chiron and North Node) – at this time, you’re strongly supported for finding the chutzpah to release it. You don’t have to do it overnight (but you could). You do have to take the first steps, which might be as simple as acknowledging what needs releasing.
This is a good time to tap in to your conscious creator superpowers.
- Get clear about what you want (not the how of it, but rather what it will feel like).
- Practice how it will feel, and from that place let inspiration guide your planning.
- Practice how it will feel, then implement the piece of the plan that feels most inspiring.
- Practice how it will feel, and use that to activate audacity, courage and valour, regardless of any old brain habits of overwhelm or confusion or uncertainty.
What will you build? What will we build?
With New Moon Libra and Saturn in your corner right now, there’s no time like the present to get started.
Exact times (US Eastern timezone)
- 28 September 2019, 2.21AM – Saturn opposition True Node
- 28 September 2019, 2:26PM – New Moon at 5 degrees Libra
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to wreak more joy in the world. A keen student of astrology, brain science and Law of Attraction, she serves her people through astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. If you’d like Janette’s in-depth insights into your own unique astrological chart, you can find her via Facebook, or at her website Resonant Joy.