Confluence | Oct 4, 2019 | 0
Astrology: enspelling reality
Reading Time: 3 minutes
By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
2-8 February 2020
If the still-at-play Saturn-Pluto conjunction is about building something solid and new, then this week we see sorcery woven into the fabric of that structure.
Refined and gracious Venus in Pisces dances with both Pluto and Saturn this week, bringing her own special powers around relationships, art, poetry, conversations.
She also brings her full-on warrior-queen capacity for knowing our desires, calling to us from dream-connected Pisces.
Our culture and upbringing may have taught us to play safe, keep our ambitions “realistic”, be logical.
This week, we dare to dream because there’s magic in the air.
Meanwhile thought-maestro Mercury moves into dreamy Pisces too, helping us articulate what lies in the oceanic depths.
He’s just moving into the shadow zone of his upcoming Retrograde season which begins mid-February.
We all know by now, not to freak out at a Mercury Retrograde, but rather to celebrate the potential of this regular period where our very thinking becomes slippery and open to change.
At the start of the shadow period, it’s an invitation to plant the seeds, so we know what we might like to change in our own thinking, our own current models of reality when the time comes.
Not from a position of grind or ‘OMG I MUST CHANGE THIS!’.
But rather, from a position of idle curiosity. Hmmmm … I wonder …?
While Mercury is here in Pisces, helping us to put into words what often defies language, he enjoys a hookup up with Uranus, god of unexpected change.
It’s a time to activate the intelligent use of your talents, especially those which seem out of left field, dream-like or just plain not obvious.
Celebrate the unexpected. Be willing to engage the Mercury Trickster energy – ‘bet you didn’t see THAT coming!’.
Running a copywriting business? Write about your cake-decorating obsession.
Auditioning for that dream role? Spend an hour crafting beautiful calligraphy just for the pleasure of it.
Preparing for a change of job? Take yourself to the art gallery or a park, and immerse in beauty for a while.
By week’s end, Venus moves into Mars-ruled Aries and the vibe changes.
Fun, flirty, active and bold, this is Venus in go-getter mode.
Start out stretching your consciousness into the dreamscapes of possibility, and that way you’ll have some fun stuff to play with and bring forth into language, some new adventures opening up.
It’s also the season of the charm offensive, when Venus can show Mars a thing or two about attracting with the tang of a little honey.
How to make the most of this week:
- Activate the dream state. Meditate. Keep a dream journal by the bed and USE it every morning
- Engage practical, ritual magic that helps connect you to the non-physical through the divinatory arts and non-physical travel
- Practice the art of beauty. Wear the mantle of the goddess herself, by deliberately adorning yourself, by adopting a gracious style in her name, by surrounding yourself with what YOU find beautiful
- Immerse in poetry and art, for its own sake but also to perhaps reveal new insights into yourself and what you’re creating. Check out The Jar Collective’s “Post-it-note Poetry” February project on Facebook. Read Rumi, as much as you can lay your hands on. Immerse in Hafiz.
- Activate the charm offensive. Note – this has to be fully authentic or it doesn’t work. How to maximise this? Simple. Find the ways that people in your world are actually fascinating (because most of them are, given half a chance) – and immerse in a genuine desire to appreciate and connect with them, whether it’s in person or virtual
The week ends with Juno turning Retrograde in Libra.
This lovely asteroid goddess, symbol of undying loyalty in difficult circumstances, helps us understand our own relationships to those things we’re truly devoted to – or have been in the past.
Next week, while Juno is in Retrograde state, you may find yourself reassessing all those things you’re dedicated to, and ask if they still warrant your devotion.
As you explore the enchantment and the dreaming at play this week, be sure to capture any insights which might prove useful to that process.
Exact times (US Eastern timezone):
- 2 February, 2:06 AM – Venus 23 Pisces sextile Pluto 23 Capricorn
- 3 February, 6:37 AM – Mercury enters Pisces
- 3 February, 5:01 PM – Venus 25 Pisces sextile Saturn 25 Capricorn
- 4 February, 4:42 AM – Mercury 2 Pisces sextile Uranus 2 Taurus
- 7 February, 3:02 PM – Venus enters Aries
- 8 February, 12:59 PM – Juno Retrograde at 21º Libra
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to wreak more joy in the world. A keen student of astrology, brain science and Law of Attraction, she serves her people through her unique strategic astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. To get Janette’s highly useful perspective on your own chart, visit her website or track her down on Facebook.