Confluence | Oct 4, 2019 | 0
Astrology: surf the wave of possibility
Reading Time: 4 minutes
By: Janette Dalgliesh – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
Welcome to a Full Moon in fabulous Leo!
It’s a time for bringing forth what’s been in preparation for the past two weeks, presenting it centre stage (whether to the world or simply to your own awareness), and celebrating it as the most glorious thing ever.
Allow a little partying by the light of this moon, metaphorically (and even physically, if you’re in the right place to see it).
Mercury and Venus in Pisces this week can make things feel nebulous AF.
It’s too slippery for relying solely on cold, hard, practical logic.
But it’s perfect for moving between realities, and for plenty of art, music, poetry and theatrical flair.
Moon lights up Mars in Sagittarius, eager to explore the unknown; and audacious Chiron in Aries, keen for an impossible quest.
Satisfy the urge to go beyond the known via external travel and/or internal journeying. Embrace the idea that the rigid structure of the past are loosening, because even though that loosening can trigger big emotions, it’s what is required to enable big change.
It’s a perfect set up to prepare for Mercury Retrograde, beginning next week (exact times below).
Mercury spends most of his Rx journey in dreamy Pisces.
The ruler of communications, especially our own thoughts and ideas, switches into reflective mood in the sign ruled by expansive Jupiter and ruler of infinite possibilities, Neptune.
Mercury rules boundaries and borders.
Pisces dissolves the boundaries.
In other words – nothing is certain.
Human brains hate uncertainty, because it’s scary territory out in the beyond.
But you are not your brain.
You are the USER of your brain, so in this week leading up to Mercury Rx, you can consciously set things in place to let you surf those ocean waves of infinite possibility with maximum ease and lightness.
Because when nothing is certain, ANYTHING is possible!
There will be some confusion during the Rx period (until 9/10 March depending on time zone).
You’ve been through confusion loads of times, and you’re perfectly fine.
The confusion may occur with communications, systems, contracts, negotiations, buying and selling.
Here’s how to maximize the benefits with a little preparation this week:
- Get ready to build in extra time for any very logical or system-oriented mundane tasks, because during this Mercury Rx they will likely take longer. Diarise accordingly.
- Some communications during Mercury Rx will be confusing. Our brains LOVE to fill in the gaps when information is missing or unclear, and they’re more likely to assume something bad, in the absence of clarity. This week practice the art of pausing, taking a breath, assuming that the unclear communication comes from love – and then ASK what is meant, from a place of curiosity. This especially applies to any situation where your default response might otherwise be outrage or instant rejection.
- Practice the art of precision with your own communications. Avoid spewing outrage all over social media (always a good plan but especially helpful during Mercury Rx!). Pause and review carefully before speaking or posting.
- There are already plenty of mixed messages and propaganda memes out there. Hone your research skills to avoid getting fooled. This week, bookmark a few independent and reliable fact-checking sites and use them well.
- Check your schedule. Do you have contracts to sign or products to launch during Mercury Rx? Decide now a) to read the fine print and b) to intend all will be well. After all, the Beatles signed their first recording contract under Mercury Rx and they did OK.
- If you can, plan out time and space for plenty of reflection during Mercury Rx. The best part of a period of slippery confusion is that EVERYTHING is up for questioning. What limiting thought habits have felt like chains around your ankles? Pisces dissolves all boundaries and bonds. Freedom from chains can scare your brain because it’s so new. Get ready to embrace it.
- Mercury Rx is an ideal time for reviewing your identity – aka your brain’s opinion of who you are, what you’re capable of, and what’s possible for you. This week, notice any assumptions your brain has made about your identity. Recognise that EVERYTHING your brain thinks about you is merely a thought, an opinion. Those can change on a dime. If there’s an ugly opinion your brain holds, notice it and get ready to change it out for a more loving one.
- With Uranus in Taurus also at play, if this whole period feels WAAAAAY too weird and wobbly underfoot, get grounded in your body. Bare feet and grass underfoot is best, but if that’s not feasible (waves to the good folks of Minneapolis), find a reasonable facsimile. I find hugging trees will do the trick.
- You may well get the nudge to do dream work, magic, shamanic journeying, astral travelling. Find ways to include your body in that work. Embrace the Sufi philosophy which says that the Divine can only experience the physical world through our senses. Engage sensual delight as an act of prayer.
This week, engage courage and audacity so you can sail to new horizons of possibility. Beautiful!
Exact times (US Eastern timezone):
- 9 February, 2:33 AM – Full Moon at 20º Leo
- 15 February, 11:03 AM – Uranus at 3º Taurus semi-sextile Chiron at 3º Aries
- 16 February, 7:53 PM – Mercury Retrograde at 12º Pisces
- 9 March, 11:41 PM – Mercury Direct (end Rx period)
Janette Dalgliesh has a simple mission in life – to wreak more joy in the world. With her unique blend of astrology, brain science and Law of Attraction, she serves her people through her strategic astrology consults, coaching, teaching and writing. To get Janette’s wildly useful perspective on your own chart, visit her website or track her down on Facebook.