A Full Moon Ritual for Love
Reading Time: 3 minutes
Cindie Chavez – ©2019 – Confluence Daily is your daily news source for women in the know.
Last week I wrote about the importance of ritual, and this week I’d like to share one with you. This particular ritual is designed to be performed at the full moon to create more love in your experience. We’ve got a beautiful full moon eclipse coming up in a few days, so the timing is perfect.
Every culture and community on earth creates ritual. And there’s a good reason why – rituals are powerful.
Ritual is a basic human need, along with solitude, celebration, and community.
A ritual doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive or too time-consuming. As a child, I remember wishing on stars with my dad, and blowing out birthday candles at family celebrations, both simple acts that carry a certain significance, along with a desired hopeful outcome.
Ritual is powered by intention. And intention gets amplified by focused attention and emotion. What we focus on expands, and our feelings and emotions are powerful magnifiers for energy.
A ritual is different from a habit. I’ve often referred to my beloved bedtime tea drinking as part of my “nighttime ritual” – and certainly, you can celebrate tea drinking with ritual – in fact, there are whole ceremonies for tea drinking. However, my own nighttime tea drinking is more of a habit than a ritual. However, if I bring intention into the mix, I’m leaning towards ritual because a ritual is imbued with intention.
And although visualization and meditation can be important elements in a ritual, a ritual usually also has concrete physical action involved.
When we are choosing to consciously bring the metaphysical into the physical (thoughts into “reality”), taking physical action is important.
So without further ado…
Here is a beautiful Full-Moon Ritual that will support you in celebrating love in your life. And of course, by magnifying love we create more of it.
Love & Magic Beautiful Full Moon Ritual
You will need:
A small white candle (a charm candle or a tea light will work).
A piece of chocolate (or some other small sweet pleasure you enjoy – a strawberry works fine, or a cherry!)
A pink heart shaped piece of paper
A small piece of rose quartz (optional)
A red ink pen
On the night of the Full Moon set aside some time where you can be undisturbed and quiet. If you can see the Full Moon or be outside in view of the Full Moon even better. If not, that’s okay too.
- Light the candle. (Note: I nearly always light a candle at the beginning of any ritual to mark the time as set aside for ritual as well as signifying that this time is sacred.)
- Take the heart shaped paper and write on it with the red pen, “I am thankful for LOVE.”
- Place the paper on a moonlight filled windowsill, your personal altar (if you have one) or on your bedside table.
- Place the chocolate (or other small sweet) and the rose quartz (if you’re using quartz) on the heart shaped paper.
- While the candle burns down spend some time recognizing all of the loving experiences you have in your life – including (and maybe most importantly) self-love. Include gratitude for every loving act you’ve experienced, witnessed, and performed, no matter how big or how small.
- Eat the chocolate or sweet as a symbolic act – being mindful of enjoying the sweetness of love in your life and experience.
- Carry the rose quartz in your pocket until the New Moon as a reminder to focus on lovingkindness, loving acts, romantic love, friendship, care, compassion and things that remind you of how sweet and powerful love is, and place the heart shaped note somewhere you’ll see it often, or use it as a bookmark – let it be a reminder to focus on seeing love all around you.
- (optional) If you’d like to add an alchemy bath to your Full Moon ritual activities you can fill your tub with water and add 1 cup of baking soda, 1 cup of epson salts or sea salt, and a few drops of lavender or rose essential oil. Soak for 20 minutes. When you’re finished soaking imagine all of your worries about love swirling down the drain along with any attitudes or beliefs that have been hindering your experience of love.
Put yourself right to bed after this lovely soak and you’ll sleep like a baby and likely have sweet dreams too!
This ritual is available in pdf form (for free!) here.
More by Cindie:
Cindie Chavez is known as “The Love & Magic Coach”. She is the creator of MOONTREAT™ – and she has some great free stuff for you at her website: www.cindiechavez.com
Confluence Daily is the one place where everything comes together. The one-stop for daily news for women.